Emergency preparedness at the University of Saskatchewan is supported by Safety Resources along with stakeholders in every college and department across campus. The goal of emergency preparedness of campus is to have a detailed plan for occupants of every campus building in the event of an emergency.
Emergency preparedness includes:
- Emergency Response Plan (document)
- Emergency drills (fire and lockdown)
- AlertUs emergency notification system (installed in all buildings, all campus computers / telephones)
- Testing of safety equipment (fire alarms; safety showers; etc.)
- Other forms of education and awareness to aid in effective response to emergency situations
Emergency preparedness involves all individuals on campus. Every campus member has a right to a healthy and safe work or study environment and a responsibility to ensure campus or department protocols are adhered to.
For more information on emergency preparedness, please contact the Fire and Life Safety Team.