Off-campus Research Activities
For any group participating in off-campus research activities, a formal plan must be formulated to comply with liability requirements.
Students and workers must be trained and deemed competent (or licensed, if applicable) in their off-campus activities that they are expected to carry out.
Training includes, but is not limited to:
- Driver’s license - Driver Authority Form
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- Powered mobile equipment training
- Working from heights - fall protection training
- Working with machinery / instrumentation
- Working in extreme temperatures / environments
- Working with / around animals
Contact our Insurance Services representative to ensure that you are appropriately insured for your off-campus activities.