Local Safety Committees
The university has 20 Local Safety Committees that operate under the auspices of the central Occupational Health Committee. Members of the Occupational Health Committee and Safety Resources sit on all Local Safety Committees to support committee activities and share information about health and safety from a campus perspective. Local Safety Committees play a key role in both the identification and the resolution of health and safety issues in the workplace at the college and division level.
The following Local Safety Committees are active on campus:
- Agriculture and Bioresources
- Arts & Science: Humanities and Fine Arts
- Arts & Science: Science
- Arts & Science: Social Science
- Consumer Services Division
- Distance Education Unit (DEU) / University of Saskatchewan Language Centre (USLC)
- Health Sciences
- Law / Edwards School of Business / Diefenbaker Centre
- VP Research (SENS, Toxicology, SSSC, GIWS, GIFS, RSEO, Innovation Enterprise)
Contact our Safety Management System team to learn more about how to get in touch or get involved with your Local Safety Committee.
Departmental Safety Committees
Safety Resources encourages the activity of departmental (or smaller) safety committees that hold regular meetings to address health and safety issues in their own workplace. Many safety issues can often be addressed within a working group and larger issues (that cannot be resolved) can be communicated to the Local Safety Committee to try to reach a resolution.
Contact our Safety Management System team for information and resources that you can use to start or support your own departmental safety committee.